Archive of Sports Management Newsletter Newsletters - 2012
Sports Management Resources publishes a free newsletter on a frequent basis containing three timely articles and two or three frequently asked questions (FAQs). You may subscribe by clicking on the SUBSCRIBE' button at the bottom of any page on this web site. Click on any article or FAQ in the issue to see that newsletter article
JANUARY 2012, Vol. 5, Issue 1 -- CONTENTS
- Inviting All Employees to Evaluate the Athletics Director
- Evaluation of the Coach by Student-Athletes
- Supervisor Evaluation Instruments
- FAQ: What is the optimum number of senior staff in an athletics department?
- FAQ: Why do many employees react negatively to being evaluated and how can a healthy evaluation attitude be developed?
APRIL 2012, Vol. 5, Issue 2 -- CONTENTS
- Assessment of Risk Related to the Sports Medicine and Athletics Training Programs
- Distribution of Drugs, Vitamins, Nutritional Supplements or Other Ingestible Substances
- Medical Screening, Record-Keeping and Emergencies
- FAQ: Who supervises the athletics training staff -- the athletics director or a medical doctor?
- FAQ: Who is responsible for ensuring collaboration and communication of medical doctors and allied health professionals in the treatment of student-athletes?
- FAQ: Who determines which staff members are required to undertake certification (e.g., first aid, CPR, etc.)?
JULY 2012, Vol. 5, Issue 3 -- CONTENTS
- Model Policy: Diversity and Non-Discrimination
- Strategic Planning: Sample Diversity Goal and Objectives
- Monitoring Diversity: Key Performance Indicators
- FAQ: What should athletes know about health care power of attorney documents and HIPAA releases?
- FAQ: What role should the athletics policy board play in advancing diversity?
- FAQ: What incentives should the athletics director create to advance diversity objectives?
NOVEMBER 2012, Vol. 5, Issue 4 -- CONTENTS
- Transforming a Culture of Physical Abuse to One of Respect
- Consider Using a Student-Athlete Participation Agreement
- Social Media and the Issue of Respect
- FAQ: Are sexual harassment and inappropriate coach-athlete relationships a new problem?
- FAQ: In cases of rape, is the educational institution required to wait for for the results of criminal proceedings before taking action?
- FAQ: Is domestic violence covered by Title IX and does the institution have an obligation to act?