Archive of Sports Management Newsletters - 2009
Sports Management Resources publishes a free newsletter on frequent basis containing three timely articles and two or three frequently asked questions (FAQs). You may subscribe by clicking on the SUBSCRIBE button at the bottom of any page on this web site. Click on any article or FAQ in the issue to see that newsletter article.
JANUARY 2009, Vol. 2, Issue 1 -- CONTENTS
- Title IX Assessment -- Do It Yourself or Hire a Consultant?
- Title IX Prohibits Discrimination Based on Pregnancy Too!
- Faculty Control or Athletics Department Isolation?
- FAQ: What strategic steps should an instiution that is not in compliance with the athletic provisions of Title IX take to reduce its risk exposure?
- FAQ: What are some good ideas on how to meet the needs of student-athletes at high academic risk?
- FAQ: Who should be on the Athletics Policy Board?
FEBRUARY 2009, Vol 2, Issue 2 -- CONTENTS
- Football Bowl Subdivision Athletics Budgets Increase at Alarming Rate
- Professional Development: Doctrine of Completed Staff Work!
- Diversity Incentives and Education Targeted to Coaches
- FAQ: How can sport administrators address unnecessary violence in sport?
- FAQ: Is violence on the playing field a male issue?
JUNE 2009, Vol 2, Issue 3 -- CONTENTS
- In Memory of Bob Frederick, SMR Senior Associate -- A Spirit Deeply Missed
- Ten Tips for Relationship Building
- Model Policy: Supplements, Prescriptions, and Over-the-Counter Drugs
- Model Policy: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Recreational Drugs
- FAQ: Should coaches be required to sign a code of conduct agreement?
- FAQ: Should student-athletes evaluate coaches as part of the annual institutional employee evaluation process?
- FAQ: How should accusations of instructional or behavior policy violoations against coaches be handled?