A: YES. Such agreement simply attests to their receipt and understanding of department policy and acknowledges their understanding that violations of this policy may result in sanction or termination of employment. Following is a sample Code of Conduct Agreement.
SAMPLE COACH CODE OF CONDUCT AGREEMENT
Coach Name: ______________________Title/Sport: _________________Date: __________________
It is an Athletic Department professional development requirement and condition of employment for all coaches to attend at least one coaching workshop, clinic, or other professional development experience each year to enhance their knowledge of skills, strategies, and/or teaching techniques relevant to their sport. Identify the coaching program(s) you attended in the past 12 months including title, place and date (not applicable to a new employee):
By signing below, you are attesting that:
• you have read the policy, “Standards of Professional Coaching Behavior” in the athletic department policy manual
• you have asked for and received clarification about any policies you did not understand
• you agree to comply with these policies
• you understand that failure to comply with any of these policies may result in sanctions or in termination of employment as a coach
• you understand that these policies are in addition to other employment policies
• you understand that these policies cannot address every possible situation that presents itself and they do not eliminate the expectation of good judgment and professional behavior at all times
• you understand that you are required to report any violation of these policies to the athletics director whether committed by yourself or by any other member of the staff
Signature of Coach Date
Note: Before using any form or agreement, always have it reviewed by your institution’s legal counsel.
-- Prepared by Connee Zotos, Ph.D., Senior Associate, Sports Management Resources